Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Surgery

Hi everyone!
I had my gall bladder removed on the 21st (last Wednesday). I am able to move with out cringing again for the most part, but I have been instructed by the doctors to not pick up anything heavier than 10 pounds for 6 weeks. So, that means that Eric (who now weighs 12 and a half pounds and is 24 inches tall!) is off limits to hold and pick up. :0( I miss picking up my little guy!

I feel about like I felt after my C-Section (YUCK!), but this time, no baby! I have been having trouble with my gall bladder since Eric was born, so having it removed will be great. Now I can eat and nothing will hurt!! Thank goodness for Weight Watchers and Curves!

Since Eric is off limits to me and Mike is working, I am going to go home with my mom to Oklahoma!!!!! I am leaving here March 8th and will fly back with Eric sometime in mid-April! I am staying to be with Kendyl and Kristen for their birthdays that are in April. Mom came down here to help me out for surgery. She is spending 2 weeks here to help out until Eric's last appointment gets wrapped up. Yes, he has still been having appointments left and right since my surgery! It has been exhausting, but they gave me great pills to help with everything! :0)

Well, I will be seeing some of ya'll real soon! :0) I can't wait!

4 comments:

Pam & JJ said...

Sorry about your surgery and pain, but glad you will be home for a little bit! Love ya, hope you are feeling better!! JJ

the rigdons said...

woo-hoo!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

See ya next weekend kiddo and glad your feeling better. Can't wait to see Eric agian. It's been to long!

Ann Marie Zimmermann said...

Hey Em! We are two girls who share the same bond- we both are functioning without our gallbladders. Its great to be able to eat anything again! The recovery is very minimal- I spent most of my days cuddled up with Avery, so just cuddle little Eric and he'll be your strength!
-Ann Marie :)